Monday, June 29, 2009

WHEN THE LOAD IS HEAVY

HAVE YOU EVER been to that bend in the road when the load is just too heavy to carry? When the cares of life and limb have worn you down to a nub? When your problems are too real to hide? When certain deeds were too deep to try and undo?

Such a time as this, when our hearts can no longer bear it another day, that we need to simply force our lips to ask Jesus for a little light; not a lot, just a little to help us at the moment. Bridges are not built in a day, neither are we re-newed so instantly as some proclaim.

We cannot change our past, but Jesus can set us free from its chains. He can then give us just enough light to make out a future -- not an eternity -- but a better view of where we are.

I must make my prayer daily that as He sets me free, changes what I cannot change, that with His forgiveness, in flows grace to grow more and more in His likeness and image.

May I really mean it when I sing: Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise. Take my will and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine; take my heart, it is Thine own, it shall be Thy royal Throne.

Our prayer through Jesus Christ, the light of the world. Amen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No comments: