Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Take a Walk FOR HEALTH

Good ole Dr. Harvey got my attention today when he "suggested" I get more exercise. I use the word suggested rather loosely here. He was serious. Little movement now will mean it might be impossible to move later. Move, walk and have a life is worth a little more sweat now. So Jody and I walked over to the physical therapy center (half a mile) and spent an hour doing what is right. Now, it must become a habit and not a spurt of guilt. (Dr. Harvey is not really old)

Mark Twain, who never smoked more than one cigar at a time, always has something to say on this subject. "The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd druther not."

Which brings me to a more recent advocate of health. But, I find I best not heed the wisdom of former SBC President Jimmy R. Allen, who told me when he got an urge to exercise, he would lie down till the urge passed.

"Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit," says the Good Book.
_________________________________

No comments: